1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

"Secure connection failed" Why?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by RP55, May 12, 2019.

1. cayne

cayne GOD Staff Member

How long does it stay like this?

2. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

5 - 20 seconds or a few refreshes.

3. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Ladies and gentlemen, do you see an improvement?

I had the same Problems but since today i've no Problems anymore.

Cayne played a bit with the tech guys ;)

Input please.

@SophieK81
    @Magge

4. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

Tai, the first five posts by me there was no problem and I even went through and hit a dozen or so likes. Then, using Chrome, I tried to switch from CX to Forums and Chrome tried to reload because of a No Data Sent, then I manually hit the Reload button. The Secure Connection page came up. Hit reload again and the page loaded. Multiple clicks on posts, likes, smilies, and embed vid urls since. Hasn't been as bad though. Markedly improved for me.

Taipan likes this.
  5. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

So far, no problems.

Taipan likes this.
  6. RP55

RP55 Ten Years of Phun

The relatively high frequency of this problem has not changed at all for me. In fact, I have begun to get, on occasion, the Secure Connection Failed page when clicking my bookmark to get to Phun in the first place.

Things do seem to be a bit better at certain times of the day, although I can't say when those are.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Taipan likes this.
  7. hyke

hyke

My downloads keep getting disconnected

8. SophieK81

Sadly it's back
    [​IMG]

Taipan likes this.
  9. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Working for me ... for now ! ;)

Taipan likes this.
  10. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Getting this a lot today:

[​IMG]

Taipan likes this.
  11. RP55

RP55 Ten Years of Phun

Amazingly, the problem has diminished greatly for me over the past few days. If someone did something to correct the issue, thanks.

Taipan likes this.
  12. flooff

flooff ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

You're missing a basic rule to redirect all traffic from http://forum.phun.org to https://forum.phun.org.

Usually (depending on the webserver) you have a virtual host for the http website (listening on port 80) and a separate virtualhost for the https website (listening on port 443). Within the virtualhost for http, I'd expect a rule to send an immediate HTTP redirect to the secure version of the website, this isn't setup for Phun.

There's usually no reason to allow visitors to use the unencrypted site. The same issue exists for http://phun.org too, not just the forum. It's worth having everything encrypted if you can, as Google suggests you receive a small boost to search rankings.

There might be other misconfiguration issues on your webserver, related to this.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019