1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Question about GIFs

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by RaiderCane, Dec 21, 2021.

1. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

So, I have a few GIFs I actually made that I want to post, but the approved hosts here have strict size limits, and these are larger than the limit. I've tried to shrink them down and compress them to get them under the limit but when I do, they look like absolute shit with awful colors and darkening to the point it looks like I intentionally darkened them or made them old school low definition. Obviously, it can be done successfully, what am I missing?

2. yucon

yucon "nice tool, kid" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

imgBB allows up to 32MB :thinks: Or are you talking about the dimensions?
    You can try with redgifs.com, which is "allowed" too. But it will convert your gif to a mp4 (and then you'll need to change the thumbnail).
    Are you using a software or a site to optimize them?
    Or upload one to a filehost and post it here. Maybe someone can help you.

:spider:

RaiderCane likes this.
  3. flooff

flooff ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It's a shame Phun doesn't support embedded MP4 or WebM files directly, instead of the rather antiquated gif. Would be much smaller in filesize & superior in quality.

4. DJboutit

DJboutit

When posting gifs please stop using Imagebam and Imgbox that are not one bit optimized for Gifs they should load in like 5 to 10 seconds with these two image host they take 2 to 5 min to load S M H

To bad these image host are not allow here they are amazing for Gifs

Imgbb
    Postimages
    Thasnasty