1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO Image Host Discussion

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Green Bastard, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Not in the Model or vid sections, so it is a big deal IMO.

RDS likes this.
  2. fudefrak

fudefrak

I frequently do a search for old pictures of celebrities, and Imagevenue is used a lot especially for older posts. It's why I ran into the issue. Now I'm not even getting an error page anymore, it just won't load at all. Browser giving ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Strangely enough the thumbnails still appear to be working

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  3. trepka

trepka Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I have some information from the side from people who are in contact with them that the servers are either hacked or it is a hardware problem, but that they are working to restore it. Will it work, we'll see...

RDS, fudefrak and Taipan like this.
  4. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Obviously. I could have guessed those were the options.

5. trepka

trepka Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

@Xray Well, they don't know either. That's why it takes so long until they solve the problem... That's what I heard.

6. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Looks like it works again, at least at the moment.

fudefrak and Xray like this.
  7. fudefrak

fudefrak

Well there are also the issues of a site shutting down because they can't afford to keep it up, or going down because of a legal issue, etc. Glad to see it's working again for now.

Taipan and Xray like this.
  8. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

www.pixhost.to is down now? The thumbs show up, though, but then 404 not found.

:dunno:

9. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin' On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I noticed some threads that Flippy posted don't work too. :dunno:

Xray likes this.