1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Blog: Life of Sophie

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by SophieK81, Jul 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

IDK what to say. I get it; life happens, good and bad, people get busy, get sick, fall in love or lust, we've all taken breaks from here or life in general I suspect, I did last year when I was badly struggling, so absences happen and it shouldn't bother and usually it doesn't. This doesn't feel right though. As anyone who knows Sophie would attest to, she lets us know ahead of time when she wouldn't be on for a while or might be in an area with bad service, even if it was just a possibility. For her to suddenly vanish for over a week now with zero warning... I'm sorry to be the pessimist but it doesn't feel right and my sixth sense has been tingling strongly since this happened. The last time that happened with a friend who just was gone... it was awful I'll just leave it at that since it still haunts me to this day.

She's my best friend and closest confidant on here and maybe even anywhere(I have had an awful several months in my non-Phun world if you need an explanation as to how someone on another continent could be that to me), and I say that with no disrespect to any of you on here who I've also gotten to know and chatted with, you're all cool dudes(and 1 other lady besides Soph), but there's only 1 person who I had daily talks with and literally hundreds of pages of conversation with via PM and that's Sophie. So this is hitting me very hard. She may be fine, she may be having tech issues, she may have taken an impromptu trip to a deserted island with Wifie to celebrate an elopement or something, who knows. But with all that is going on in the world; the violence, prejudices, hate crimes and viruses, I am just stuck in assuming the worst and it's killing me.

I hope you're okay Sophie. If you're not(which I'm fearing due to my past experiences and the state of the world).... IDK, I just don't fucking know:(

2. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

You really have had some profound importance t0 some members soph the above reply should be a sign of that if nothing else. Its not easy getting through to someone that struggle with internal demons but you clearly have a way with poeple. If you wish to leave i will cherish the time here its just so tough when we dont have any notice of it. If it is illness or something more serious its out of your hands of course.

3. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

:(

RaiderCane, Merlin and S-type like this.
  4. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

I'm hoping desperately that her absence results from the 'black dog', the uninvited and unwelcome guest that Sophie apparently experiences, that needs no emotional trigger, no unguarded moment, no convenient pause, no cat flap nor sneaky way in?
    I feel awful "wishing" such depressive agony upon her, but the alternatives are so much worse to contemplate?

5. driller195

driller195

I wish Sophie would post, I'm ok just busy. Anything!

Sonicboom, Merlin, S-type and 2 others like this.
  6. Thore

Thore Thunder Dude ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Chester Cheetah

I will keep checking here most everyday.....

7. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

the way i look at it there are 3 possibilites 2 more likely. Firstly work. But that still would give her time during the weekends to popp in and say hello. The other 2 are some sort of injury that has made her hospitalised. Or the internal demons have taken control. From the last replies she did i didnt get any real alarm bells she was going into a period of darkness. Apart from her short hiatus around her birthday.

and to lighten the mood:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  8. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

I just hope She is ok !
    Not in here much, but She is normaly a very active member and you get worried when one just disappears ... :(

9. driller195

driller195

I’m worried!!!!!

Merlin and RaiderCane like this.
  10. Flippy

Merlin and driller195 like this.
  11. S-type

A worthy thought, Flippy, but if she doesn't log in she can't see into her Blog, nor into anything in The Lounge as a whole.

12. Flippy

My thinking is that it will be less of a strain to come back if and when she logs on and sees that the blogg isnt full of please come back replies. Then again this is her vehicle i just put minor additions when i can. Anyway what i mean is more buisness as usuall in the thread.

Merlin, driller195 and S-type like this.
  13. driller195

driller195

Good idea Flippy. I have three daughters and if I couldn’t reach them for 24 hours I’d be worried. Sophie is someone I like and she hasn’t been gone this long since I’ve been following her.

Merlin, RaiderCane and Flippy like this.
  14. Starling73

Starling73 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Didn't her sister have bad internet?

Family emergency?

15. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Sophie :wavey:

RaiderCane, driller195 and Merlin like this.
  16. driller195

driller195

Sophie please give us an indication you're okay.

Magge and RaiderCane like this.
  17. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

I really fear the worst now, this is not like her at all. FUCKKKK!!

:sorry: I'm not exactly in a good place right now to begin with due to a lot of things but now this too. If I prayed, I would pray you are safe and sound my friend:( I may have to take a leave from here soon, this is just breaking my heart every time I come on here because my mind and sixth sense won't shut up. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I'm a sensitive guy with a lot of demons(one of many things me and her had lengthy conversations about, due to some shared ones) and with my social status outside of Phun in recent times becoming 'the ultimate outcast', this just adds to that pain. And it's selfish in a way, I get that, but my first concern is her well-being no doubt and this isn't about "Me, me, me", just outlining why this is especially difficult on my end. Ramble over:2cents:

(Really wish she wasn't so SM-phobic now, if she had IG or FB or something that would be so helpful to a lot of us)

driller195 and Merlin like this.
  18. driller195

driller195

I wish someone knew her email address. I’d like to know she’s okay. I check here every morning hoping for a word.

RaiderCane likes this.
  19. Thore

Thore Thunder Dude ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Chester Cheetah

20. S-type

I know nothing more than the rest of you, and I don't want to sound too downbeat here, but : -

Firstly, if Sophie had suffered some personal tragedy or other that had disabled her from communicating with us, I feel sure that Wifie might have been in touch? Since she must have been aware of Sophie's involvement here, I can't believe that she wouldn't have lurked here or even registered here out of curiosity, and might consequently have felt moved to communicate under such adverse circumstances?

Secondly, if work conditions and/or a close family tragedy had temporarily monopolised Sophie to the exclusion of everything else, I find it difficult to believe that in nearly three weeks she wouldn't have found a minute or two to post something to relieve concern on here?

Thirdly, any technological communications problem would surely have been resolved within days? And some of Sophie's input was achieved by smartphone while on the move anyway, so localised problems would have been easily overcome?

Fourthly, members occasionally disappear without trace from Phun, and we have learned to acknowledge a certain admirable dignity if they make a clean break without a fuss or an emotional goodbye? Sophie has admitted that she finds goodbyes difficult, so adopting a quiet departure would be entirely consistent?

I can't imagine I've said anything you all haven't thought to yourselves, but I'm merely trying to be helpful in bringing it out into the open?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.